Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
The two elements that bring together a kitchen, whether it be indoors or outdoors, are the cabinets and countertops. Outdoor countertops need to hold up against time and climate, but also need to have the right look and feel to complement the outdoor living space. This can be tricky, as not every outdoor kitchen countertop is built for outdoor environments.
Fortunately, Danver stainless steel cabinets look great with all types of countertops. And although we do not sell countertops, our designers can help you learn how to choose countertops for luxury outdoor kitchens that will pair nicely with your Danver cabinets!
Choosing Materials for Your Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
Granite, concrete, and soapstone are familiar countertop materials that work both indoors and out! However, these materials do come with drawbacks when used in the outdoor space.
- Granite countertops may be durable and strong, but they tend to be costly – which may not be feasible for everyone.
- Concrete countertops are durable like outdoor granite countertops, but can fade over time. As a result, concrete countertops may not be a good choice for homeowners who do not want to invest time and money into regular upkeep and maintenance.
- Light soapstone and marble countertops look great indoors, but they may become stained if used outdoors. Therefore, we recommend opting for darker colors if you use natural stone countertops for your outdoor kitchen. If you do choose to go this route, we recommend implementing an overhang or roof to your outdoor kitchen to ensure that the countertops do not overheat.
- Tile countertops are extremely liable to cracking and replacing a broken tile countertop can be difficult as it may be possible to find the same tile to replace the broken one.
Best Colors for Outdoor Countertops
Light Grey & White
Create an ultra-modern outdoor kitchen by incorporating light grey and white countertops. This color palette will exude sophistication, while also creating a soft, sterile look.
Gold & Bronze
When designing your outdoor kitchen, you should strive to make it just as inviting and comfortable as your indoor kitchen. Incorporating warm gold and bronze into your outside countertops will help you create this design effect.
Always an elegant choice, beige countertops pair nicely with wood grain finish to create a soft, natural look.
Dark Grey & Black
Use dark grey and black countertops, cabinets, and appliances to turn your outdoor kitchen into a sleek entertainment space. These color tones will create a masculine look that oozes sophistication.
We recommend choosing outdoor countertops that fit your lifestyle. While most outdoor countertops will remain structurally sound over time with limited maintenance, they do require additional protection to look their best. But don’t neglect aesthetics! If you choose the right material and color, you won’t have to sacrifice beauty for durability.
Danver Stainless Outdoor Kitchens can accommodate nearly any type of countertop you want in your outdoor kitchen. For best results, we always recommend using Dekton® by Cosentino for your outside kitchen countertops. Not only are their ultra-compact surfaces designed for exterior use, but they also offer the following features making it the best countertop material:
- UV resistance for color stability outdoors
- Exceptional strength
- High resistance to impacts, scratches, and abrasions
- Non-porosity – requiring no maintenance
Dekton® by Cosentino surfaces are available in a wide range of colors and finishes and look incredible with the diverse cabinet colors and finishes available from Danver Outdoor Kitchens – providing you with an endless variety of styling options to fit your creative needs. See the installation instructions tab on our resources page for recommended installation practices when using Dekton with Danver stainless steel cabinetry.